My Workouts at Home

by Jen on January 29, 2010

I’m slowly returning from the dead this week. I came down with the stomach flu earlier this week. Awful. The worst. However, I’m on the mend and no one else around here got it!

p90x2 My Workouts at Home
Of course I just had to get sick the same week I was going to start P90X! I don’t know why it always seems to happen that way!! Maybe my body is telling me I need a break before torturing it again?

When I first started working out, I would run on the treadmill. I hated it! But I knew I needed to do something. So I ran and I ran and I ran. I kept myself at a healthy weight but I wasn’t really “toning” up like I wanted to.

I was afraid to add weight lifting into my workouts. I thought I would “bulk up” and start looking like a man! But I decided to try it anyway, what did I have to lose? I was on the verge of giving up the running, it was getting boring for me. So that’s when I added strength training into my workouts. And BAM, I noticed a complete turn around.

My first home workout program was P90. It was a great introduction to strength training. After completing it I noticed I was toning up, just like I wanted. Once I completed the program it was time for a new challenge.

guidebook My Workouts at Home
That’s when I turned to ChaLEAN Extreme. I fell in love with this program. It helped me get into the best shape of my life. I actually have muscles now…and a six pack! The videos are very inspirational. There is even a 60 year old women who is in this video. If that doesn’t get ya inspired….

I’ve also been mixing in Insanity with it which is, well…..INSANE!

Now it’s time to mix things up again. I’m kinda nervous about starting P90X. I know it’s going to be a new challenge. But I’m up for it. I’ll let you know how it goes over the next few weeks. I plan to start it next week, when my body and appetite are fully functional!

In the meantime, I would love to hear if you have any favorite workouts?

640670f4c8427034945d6a705b75cddb My Workouts at Home

pixel My Workouts at HomePrint This Print This

1 CalgaryDaddy January 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Brave Gal! Check out Shandal's blog links on the PX90! You ladies are champs!

Shane

2 Meagan@Megs7827 January 29, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I saw a before and after picture of someone that did p90x and totally wanted to start it but it is expensive! Right now I am just into cardio and core exercises.

3 Debbie January 29, 2010 at 10:30 pm

I'm a runner. At least I try to be.

After I quit dancing, I gained tons of weight because I still ate like I was burning thousands of calories a day.

But, I do love running when everyone's still asleep, the sun is coming up, and the air is clear.

4 Kris Ann January 30, 2010 at 12:21 am

6 pack? I'm jealous – and suddenly feel as if I need to meet ChaLean!

5 Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy January 30, 2010 at 1:10 am

I did P90x for a little over a month an loved it. I saw great results. my challenge is time. yes, I know that is everyone's issue, but if I could figure out where to fit the hour workout in daily I'd go back to doing p90x. I also have a mountain bike that my hubby and I try to get out and ride at least once a week

6 Shandal January 30, 2010 at 3:50 am

Hey there, I saw that you followed me and had to come check you out! I see you're a P90Xer! That's awesome! I'm actually on my first Round of it, on Day 26 to be exact. I love it, so far the results are really just keeping me motivated to continue. I think it's an excellent program and I'm actually looking forward to doing it again and/or trying other Beach Body products. Looking forward to having another P90x buddy! ;) I'm your newest follower!

7 Laura January 30, 2010 at 4:36 am

6 pack?? Totally jealous! My favorite workout…running after kids all day. Yeah I know I should be doing more, ugh. :)
Have a great weekend, glad you're feeling better!

8 MODG January 31, 2010 at 6:44 pm

I HATED P90X HATED IT. but I wish you tons of luck!!

9 Pennie February 2, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Wow! You're my hero.

10 Sarai November 18, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I have completed the Insanity program and like it a lot. I have started a second round and I am 3 weeks into it. I’m finding I want to try something new just to keep things interesting, I think something that includes weights would be the next level. I might try the Chalean program. You mention that to mix things up you do Insanity. Does that mean you do both programs at the same time? Or do yo stick to one through the whole say, 2 or 3 months and then start the other one?

11 Jen November 19, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Hey Sarai! Thanks for your comment…and congrats on finishing Insanity!!! That is not an easy program. When I mix things up, I will do both programs at the same time, so I’ll do the ChaLEAN Extreme one day, then Insanity for cardio. Let me know if you want to try ChaLEAN Extreme, I can help you with a hybrid schedule. You can message me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TheFitHousewife