Wonderful Wednesday – Health & Beauty Edition

by Jen on February 17, 2010

I had a thought. Thoughts don’t come to me easily these days. I’ve got mommy brain. Basically, my brain is mush. So, when I had this thought, I was a little excited. I immediately grabbed my camera and started shooting.
You see, each Wednesday, I’m going to share with you some of my favorite products. These products can range anywhere from food to cleaning.
*On a side note, I’m not getting paid for any of this.*
So without further adieu, here are some of my favorite health & beauty products that I use on a daily basis.

IMG 3654 Wonderful Wednesday   Health & Beauty Edition

Bath & Body Works Antibacterial Soap. I love this stuff. B&BW recently opened a store in Calgary! I go there on a regular basis. I think I have tried almost every flavour scent of soap. I use the perfumey ones in the bathrooms and the fruity ones in the kitchen. Right now I have Irresistible Apple by the kitchen sink.

IMG 3653 Wonderful Wednesday   Health & Beauty Edition

I keep a basket by the kitchen sink with all of my hand lotions. In that basket, I have some stuff from BeautiControl. The clear looking stuff is called Sugar Cookie Instant Manicure. OMG! It smells just like a sugar cookie. It’s basically sea salt and mineral oils that you rub on your hands. After you rinse it off it leaves your hands feeling like a baby’s bum. The stuff in the white tube is cuticle exfoliant. You just dab a little on each cuticle, rub it in, and rinse off. When finished, you use the lotion in the silver tin, Cuticle Salve. This whole process leaves my cuticles feeling soft. And then of course, I have the hand lotion from B&BW.

IMG 3652 Wonderful Wednesday   Health & Beauty Edition

Lip Gloss. Pictured here are all of the lip glosses that are in my purse right now. Most of them are from B&BW with the other two being from Clinique. I love to wear a little bit of clear lip gloss most days. My lips dry out so easily in this Calgary weather! I especially love the peppermint ones from B&BW.

IMG 3651 Wonderful Wednesday   Health & Beauty Edition

This is the stuff on my nightstand. Before I go to bed each night, I apply some lip balm from BeautiControl. This one smells like sugar cookie. It takes every effort not to lick it off right away! Then I rub some lotion on my hands. I love Aveeno. I find it works really well and keeps my hands very soft. Sometimes I’ll use the BeautiControl hand lotion but it’s not cheap so I use it sparingly.

IMG 3650 Wonderful Wednesday   Health & Beauty Edition

My flat iron. I use it everyday. If I didn’t, my hair would be one frizzy mess!

IMG 3649 Wonderful Wednesday   Health & Beauty Edition

My deodorant. I use organic deodorant. I can’t stand the thought of rubbing aluminum on my pits each day. That’s just me. The fewer chemicals, the better. This deodorant is from Origins. It’s a spray and it keeps my pits smelling fresh all day. I’m sure my family appreciates that!

IMG 3648 Wonderful Wednesday   Health & Beauty Edition

Clinique. I heart Clinique. It’s the only product I use on my face. When I wash my face in the mornings and the evenings I use the 7 Day Scrub, Liquid Soap, Clarifying Toner, and the Moisturizing Gel. The rest is all makeup: moisturizer, foundation, eye shadow, mascara, eye liner, blush, bronzer. I love their products because they are all hypoallergenic and so gentle on my skin.

IMG 3646 Wonderful Wednesday   Health & Beauty Edition

As I’ve mentioned before, I love to give myself a mini pedicure every night before bed. This is the foot scrub and lotion I use from The Body Shop. It’s peppermint. It makes my tired and dry feet feel like butter.

IMG 3644 Wonderful Wednesday   Health & Beauty Edition

Did I mention B&BW yet? Can you tell I love this stuff? Especially the Coconut Lime Verbena scent? I use the body wash, body scrub, body butter, body mist, soap, and hand sanitizer! I’m probably going to turn into a coconut soon! That’s not good, coconuts are hairy….but, they are yummy.

That’s it for this week’s edition. Hope you enjoyed. I would love to know what health & beauty products are your faves! Who knows, maybe you already use some of the same ones!?!
640670f4c8427034945d6a705b75cddb Wonderful Wednesday   Health & Beauty Edition

pixel Wonderful Wednesday   Health & Beauty EditionPrint This Print This

1 joeytipping February 17, 2010 at 9:39 pm

You, my dear, are just amazing!! Loved reading this blog and seeing all the pictures! Not sure why, but it stimulated my appetite!! Hahaha. You take much better care of yourself than I did at your age. Keep it up and hopefully my wrinkles aren't genetic!! I have used Clinique for 20 years now and couldn't imagine using any other cosmetics on my face. Thanks for introducing me to the Coconut Lime stuff from B&B. My fav. as well. Love, Mom

2 Arizona Mamma February 17, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Holy mass amounts of lip gloss in your purse!

You know I love Clinique too. Oh, and coconut lime verbena is one of my favorite Bath and Body Works scents. One of my other favorites is Moonlight Path. I LOVE it.

3 Meagan@Megs7827 February 17, 2010 at 10:27 pm

My mom and I went to Bath and Body Works this weekend and got a bunch of stuff. I was thinking about doing a review of the stuff I got. I should also do a review on the make up I got for my birthday. I love this idea because we all need tips and tricks to stay looking and smelling great!

4 Just Jenn February 17, 2010 at 10:29 pm

I LOVE beauty controls sugar scrubs!! I had (sniff) an herbal smelling one… it gave me baby bum hands! heaven!!! The dead sea foot scrub/cream was so nice too – but smelled um different ! and I am a Clinic baby too! Neat idea! I will have to try to work in a product day too?? where does it all fit?! ha ha! ;) Thanks for blogging with me – I enjoy visiting with you every day!
PS. We are half American half Canadian in our house!!
Just Jenn~

5 somer February 17, 2010 at 10:53 pm

Great Idea! I am definitely going to try the Totally Pure Deodorant!!! Thanks so much!

6 Cheryl February 17, 2010 at 11:40 pm

I love bath and body works too@ Finally a store is coming here and I WILL be a patron…monthly!

I love so many of the same items as you! No cream beats Aveeno!! None!!

You do have a wider selection of stuff then I do….dang budget Tim has me on!

7 Confessions From A Working Mom February 18, 2010 at 12:17 am

AMEN on Clinique. It's the only make up I've ever used that doesn't clog my pores like whoa. And my aunt used to work for Lancome!

Every time I visit your blog, I end up with a big smile on my face, and I finally figured out why; it's because you look so much like a good friend from home, and your writing even "sounds" like her. You take me back to a great place and time in my life!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

8 Pennie February 18, 2010 at 12:21 am

What a great idea for your blog! I am a B&BW fan, too! My daughter is addicted to their lip glosses – she saved up and bought them for her two besties for Christmas this past Dec.
I have a friend who sells BeautiControl. Great stuff!
Loved looking around at your stuff! Keep it up!

9 Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy February 18, 2010 at 12:48 am

hmmm I used to have a few of those salt scrubs but haven't in a while and I'm not sure why. what a fun look into your world

10 Shandal February 18, 2010 at 2:05 am

I love B&BW foam hand soaps! I only buy those! I should seriously invest in some Clinique. I mean, I might as well, I buy so much other random make-ups that I keep trying out and get the same results. Disappointment. Except for Cover Girl's Lash Blast mascara. LOVE IT!

11 Laura February 18, 2010 at 3:18 am

I love Bath & Body Works soap!! Except I have to have two pumps…one of those and one of "regular" soap because the hubby doesn't appreciate it like I do! :)

12 Annie February 18, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I LOVE B&BW….I must be one of their best customers (well…and you too)! Do you use the wall flowers?!? They are AWESOME!!

OK…I am your newest follower :) So nice to "meet" you!

13 Julie February 18, 2010 at 11:15 pm

Ha…I chuckled when I saw all of the lip glosses you keep in your purse. I have a serious addiction to buying lipgloss. I need a 12 step! Cute blog!

14 Mom vs. the boys March 9, 2010 at 10:08 pm

I love B&BW, I love the white citrus scent! Just look at all your lipgloss girl! that's a crazy amount for one purse! lol oh and I'm a loyal Aveeno user myself!