Monday Mumblings

by Jen on December 6, 2010

Seriously, it’s Monday already? Where did last week go?
It was a busy one. We had a lot of house showings. You know what that means?! Clean. Clean. Clean. I don’t think this carpet has ever been vacuumed so many times since we’ve lived here!
Still no sale on the house, but our fingers are crossed that it will happen soon.
I’ve been trying to think of what to make for Christmas baking. This is what I made last year (clockwise from top): peppermint bark, chocolate peanut butter squares, and chocolate mounds.
IMG 3583 Monday Mumblings
And of course, we also made gingerbread houses with the boys. However, this year I’m nixing the peppermint bark and gingerbread houses. Gingerbread houses are cute, but sooooooooooooooooooooo much work!
This year I’ve decided to bake some sugar cookies and let the boys decorate those! Easy. I don’t have time for difficulty this year, no time to fuss over a little edible house.
I’ve seen so many wonderful Christmas cookie recipes on blogs and I want to make them ALL! But, I don’t have the time nor the jean size to do that! So I might just stick to hubby’s favorite and some cookies for the boys. That way I won’t be tempted to eat 30 pounds of sugar!
I’m also trying to figure out when I’m going to finish my Christmas shopping.
I’ve ordered the “big” gifts online this year. I love shopping online. It’s so easy. Sometimes, too easy icon wink Monday Mumblings
I still have to buy stocking stuffers. However, I’m not dragging out a 2, 3, and 4 year old shopping for a day. That’s just asking to be committed into the insane asylum. Nope, I don’t want any shopping stress this year.
I’ll have to wait for a day when the kids are at their grandparent’s for the day. That way, I can go shop in peace huge crowded malls along with the rest of the population……..
Now, I just have to wait for that miracle day to arrive.
While I wait…..
It’s laundry day today. The boys have a lot of laundry lately. Actually, one boy in particular has had a lot of laundry.
See the pile(s):
IMG 4238 Monday Mumblings
The pile in the foreground is Caleb’s. The little middle pile is Ben’s. And the gigantic pile in the background is Justin’s!
You see, he’s been peeing his pants everyday for the past week. Yes, he’s been potty trained for months now. However, for some reason (I’m thinking it’s attention seeking), he’s been peeing his pants everyday, sometimes three times a day. This makes for 1) a lot of laundry, and 2) a very frustrated mommy!
After freaking out the first few times and realizing that technique doesn’t work on him, I’ve resorted to bribery. Stickers, suckers, balloons……whatever it takes! This technique seems to be working. 2 days and no peeing in the pants. So instead of cleaning up wet pants, I’m cleaning up stickers, wet sucker sticks, and popped balloons. It’s worth it!
If you made it this far, congrats! Sorry to bore you with my Mumblings this week…..
Have a great week.

640670f4c8427034945d6a705b75cddb Monday Mumblings

pixel Monday MumblingsPrint This Print This

1 Laura December 6, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Yum, I want some of that peppermint bark!
I hear ya on the online shopping thing, I was just saying today how much I love it…but I could see how it might be a little too easy. :)
Good luck with the bribery, I wish that would work around here with potty training.

2 Mom vs. the boys December 6, 2010 at 7:26 pm

yum! that peppermint bark looks awesome!! I want some!!
doesn't it suck when kids back track on the potty? Big Brother did that when he started school. Ugh! so frustrating! right now my one year old goes through the most clothes because despite the biggest bibs in the world he still manages to get food all over himself with every single meal!

3 Cheryl December 6, 2010 at 7:43 pm

yay on potty training!!!
Will see how THAT goes with 2 at once here!

I think any xmas baking is good baking!!!
I am headed to a dainty exchange at my sisters this weekend!

4 Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy December 6, 2010 at 8:20 pm

I hear you on the baking thing… I end up eating too much myself, then I make Richard take it all into work (o:

hope the house sells soon and the pee issues stop even sooner

5 Seizing My Day December 6, 2010 at 11:59 pm

We always bake our favorite cookies from each grandma… including my momma who passed away… her recipe is the first one I bake every year! anyway… then we pick 2 or 3 other recipes including a gingerbread … a must!! and thats a wrap! ha ha! I am going to try fudge this year for the first time ever! ;)

I am hungry!! ;)

yay for lots of showings! right!?!

oh… and the little one who is peeing… could it be a bladder infection?? he would probably be grumpy too…??

6 Helga December 7, 2010 at 6:12 am

I'm glad you are showing the house so much….your going to have an offer by Christmas :)

I'm sorry about the peeing….I have been there and done that and have no clue how to get it to stop without bribing either! So frustrating!!!

Good luck with the showings and the bribery :)

Have a great Tuesday!!

7 Suzi December 7, 2010 at 8:50 pm

my mom will back you up on the ginerbread hosues being a lot of work. I remember when I was in grade 2 I think for my birthday party (my birthday is next week) mom made ginerbread houses for everyone at my party to decorate ( I think there were around 12 of us) and I remember her having a near meltdown the night before when the walls kept falling down before the icing could dry! I don't think she's made another gingerbread house since.

No advice here on the peeing thing, the last time we had an issue with one of our children peeing outside of the toilet we changed kitty litter and moved the litter box to a new spot. I don't think that tactic will work for you! ;)

8 Heather December 7, 2010 at 9:33 pm

I can really relate to the laundry issue! I am so sick of looking at laundry. I recently had the same problem with my middle son peeing lots and doing extra laundry…
Chocolate peanut butter squares sound so yummy!!

9 Julie December 7, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Hey, you should try the 10$ gingerbread houses from COSTCO. They are premade…the house is already built…the kids just get to do the fun part! My kids LOVE EM'!! In fact, ours is literally picked clean of all candy and even has some bites out of the roof!! I should take a picture!

Your baking looks so yummy!!

As for the peeing…what a bummer. I'm not sure why kids do that at times?? Maybe he just gets so busy playing and waits too long? My oldest did that until he was 8!!