My Potty Training Tip

by Jen on July 27, 2011

Hello everyone!  Hope you’re having a great day.

I started my day out with a HIIT workout followed by some heavy weights (bi’s and tri’s) and a great abs routine.  It felt great.  I took a post-workout pic today.  I’m kinda scared to post this (and you should be too!) but I will….

post workout My Potty Training Tip

OMG…cover your eyes!  I had to stand on my bathtub to get a picture.  Again, why do I do these things????

Today was my grocery shopping day.  My list was huge!  We are having Ben’s birthday dinner this weekend and I’m feeding 17 people.  That’s a lot of food to buy!  However, I had saved up enough PC Points to save $40 on my bill.  Woot, woot!

One of the reasons my bill was so high is because I had to buy diapers.  Diapers = $$$$$$$!

I was really hoping that my almost 3 year old would be potty trained by now.  You would think that having 2 older (and wiser??) brothers to watch would rub off on him.  But nooooooo.  Ben has absolutely no desire to be out of his diapers.  NONE whatsoever!  So, he continues to put us in the poor house for a little while longer.

Now, don’t go telling me in the comments that “my kid was potty trained at 18 months!”  HAHAHA.  Why am I laughing?  Because if that is true either, A) your kid defied the rules of human anatomy or, B) your memory ain’t working so great anymore.

If there is one thing I’ve learned from potty training 2 (soon to be 3) boys, it’s:

DON’T FORCE IT!

Let them potty train when they are ready.  Tee-rust me, you do not want to fight about potty training with your kids.  It’s not worth it.  Get it?  Good.

Let’s carry on now…..

Did you print off my recipe from this morning yet for BBQ Chicken Quesadillas?  I hope so, I know you’ll love it!

I’m rockin’ my fave Lululemon pants again today…..

lulu pants My Potty Training Tip

I’ve got a bunch of stuff to do this afternoon.  Remember yesterday I was asking you about Blogger versus WordPress?  Well, I’ve decided to make the switch to WordPress.  Apparently, WordPress is a bloggers dream….so I’ll take the plunge and see if all the hype is true!

I won’t be doing this by myself though….I’m not that crazy.  I’m going to get a couple of quotes and go from there.  I’ll keep you updated on the progress!

Tonight we are having BBQ chicken pizza for dinner!  Do you sense a BBQ theme these past couple of days?!

Have a great afternoon!

Question of the day: How was your potty training experience with your kids?

pixel My Potty Training TipPrint This Print This

1 Suzi @ confessions of a fitness instructor July 27, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Dude! Why on earth would you be scared to post that picture? Those abs are out of control! :D

2 SamiJoe July 27, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Nice abs girlie– but you get a huge thumbs down for standing on your bathtub!!

3 Lori: Teacher Turned Mommy July 27, 2011 at 11:57 pm

your abs make me sick, but only because they make me look soooo out of shape. Guess I better get back to doing abs more often.

Potty training Blake was a nightmare. I tried so many times and wasn't even remotely successful until he was 3.5 years old. And I pretty much forced it at that point because he had to be potty trained by Aug for the new school he was going to. He earned Monster Trucks for using the potty and had them taken away for accidents. It worked for him.

Colby was easier to start, but it took longer for mastery. We ended up doing to bouts of bribery with him. But he was younger. He started about 2.5 and that was me putting it off for a bit.

He will get it when he is ready to get it. every child is different and this just goes to show they like their own timetables

4 Cheryl July 28, 2011 at 2:43 am

3 kids and those abs..be proud girl!!

Those pants are my fave too…I bought the crop ones too..aaah lulu how you suck money out of me..

5 Laura July 28, 2011 at 2:59 am

Holy crap girl, lookin good!!

Okay, so 1) my daughter WAS almost potty trained at 18 months…maybe closer to 20. The best thing about it? We didn't even try, she pretty much did it herself. It's so like her to defy the rules of human anatomy. ;) 2) Braden (who is going to be 3 in a couple weeks) had absolutely NO interest in potty training until last week. NONE. One day someone told me to let him run around naked so I did. That was almost a week ago and he has had ONE accident since then. He has even been dry in the mornings. Crazy, but totally worked!! (And I am ALL bout not forcing it, but I thought I would give it a try.) Good luck!! :)

6 Racheal July 28, 2011 at 3:29 am

We were trained at 19 months for the first girlie, but this one…… she's gonna go to 5 I'm sure! She was all into it early like the older one was and I was excited, but then, she quit. Now it's a fight! Ugh……

7 Kristy July 28, 2011 at 10:33 am

Funny you should mention Potty Training. I just started with my youngest 2.5 weeks ago. He's 33 months. I hate to use months, but it seems relevant here to know the exact age :)
I went along the lines of John Rosemond's "Naked and $75" approach. Basically, they go naked & the $75 is to have your carpets cleaned. And I'm happy to report that a carpet cleaning will NOT be necessary for us :) It's going great.
I mean, really, it was about time life threw me an easy ride for once ;)
Hope your little one gets the hang of it soon. And enjoy the birthday weekend!!!

8 Misty July 29, 2011 at 3:55 am

Your workouts are obviously working out nicely!

9 J and A September 16, 2011 at 3:49 pm

You have amazing Abs! wow. Someday you should post you exact workouts of the week, dvds or what. Are your HIIT workouts Turbo Fire? Thanks!