Heeey! How are you this morning? I am doing well. Just trying to keep my sanity…as always.
Do you ever struggle with what to serve as a side dish? I’ll admit, sometimes I do. Bread and frozen fries are staples in the FFF&F household. What can I say, my kids are carb monsters. Well, except for pasta. They hate pasta. Weirdo’s.
I, on the other hand, love to try many different side dishes. You all know about my love affair with quinoa. But one side dish I absolutely love is roasted veggies. Love, love, lurve! But did you also know that I love, love, lurve almond butter? When I saw this recipe, I just knew I had to try them. And I’m so glad I did. Whomever thought to mix nut butter with veggies is a God. Or Goddess.
|Almond Butter Parsnips||
- 6 parsnips, peeled and cut into thin fry-like strips
- 3 Tbsp almond butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together nut butter, olive oil, and salt. Throw in parsnips and toss together with your hands until fully coated.
- Line parsnips on prepared baking sheet and bake in oven for 35 – 50 minutes, or until crisp.
Oh my. Just look at that crispy goodness. The almond butter adds a little sweetness to the bitterness of the parsnip. I’ve heard of people trying this with carrots and having the same success. Personally though, I’m sticking with the parsnip. It’s the only way I can get the kids eat them.
So if you’re getting tired of frozen fries every night, you must try these! And be sure to make a lot…they won’t last long!Print This