Are You Ready?

by Jen on December 16, 2011

Happy Friday!  Another week has flown by.  Normally I’m okay with the week going by quickly, but this time of year, I really need things to sloooooow down.  I’ve got so much to do and no time to do it.

For example, I’m sitting down to write this post…and I have no idea what to write about.  All I can think about is how much I have to accomplish before Christmas.

There are still a couple of gifts I need to buy.  When am I going to do this?  You are out of your mind if you think I’m going to take the kids to the crazy mall.  Sure, I could go on the weekend when Mark is home.  But…

I’ve got baking to do.

This is what I plan on baking on Saturday:

Chocolate Mounds (Mark’s must-have)

Sugar Cookies (for the boys to decorate)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

Mars Bars

Wish me luck on getting that all done in one day! *insert hysterical laugh here*

On Sunday, I hope to start wrapping gifts.  I have to do it on Sunday because 1) the boys will be at their grandparent’s for the day, and 2) the boys are at their grandparent’s for the day.

Have I mentioned that I hate wrapping??!  It probably doesn’t help that I’m terrible at it.  Terrible.  I couldn’t fold nice corners if my life depended on it.

Every year I say to myself that Christmas should be simple and relaxing.  And every year it’s not.  Maybe one of these years I’ll finally do it.  Maybe.

Question: Are you ready for Christmas?  Do you try to keep the holidays simple or do you end up going crazy like me?

pixel Are You Ready?Print This Print This

1 Catherine December 16, 2011 at 7:58 am

I have only accomplished buying about 10% of what needs to bought so I am not ready either. I was fine about it but now I’m freaking out about it. It feels kind of weird that kids go to school until so close to Christmas, doesn’t it? I think that’s part of my problem. They will be done and then BOOM Christmas will be here. Yikes!

Now I have a stomach ache. I have to go to ToysR’Us today.

Wish me luck.

2 Jen December 16, 2011 at 10:54 am

It is weird that they are going to school up until the last minute! And then they will be home forever….
Good luck at Toys R Us…I hate going there anytime during the year!

3 Lori@ Teacher Turned Mommy December 16, 2011 at 11:54 am

I try to spread things out so not to become overwhelmed. I’ve been baking cookies all week. I need to wrap too. I try to put as many in bags as possible AND I don’t wrap Santa gifts at this point so that saves me a lot. We try to keep our Christmas simple, but we travel on Christmas. We will do Christmas 4 times… yes 4. once with my family, once with our own family, once with hubby’s extended family and once with hubby’s immediate family. Want my week???? I’ll give it to you (o:

4 Jen December 16, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Ummm…4 Christmases? Thanks, but no thanks ;) We only have 2, and that is enough. I made those peanut butter bars this morning and they were so easy. I don’t think they will last long around here!

5 Lori@ Teacher Turned Mommy December 16, 2011 at 11:55 am

oh and I mean to say that I haven’t made those chocolate peanut butter bars since I posted it that one time. hmmm maybe I’ll make them to take down to Richard’s family

6 Leslie December 17, 2011 at 2:39 am

2 words:
Gift bags
Gifts boxes

I guess that’s four but still you get my drift ;)

7 Jen December 18, 2011 at 1:55 pm

That’s a great idea, except I have a huge roll of wrapping paper I bought a Costco last year ;)

8 Jennifer December 18, 2011 at 11:37 am

I finally got our shopping done yesterday so just baking and wrapping left to do. then cleaning and cooking for company that arrives Friday! eek!

9 Jen December 18, 2011 at 1:53 pm