So, I lied to you this morning. I said that this morning’s post was my last of 2011. But, here I am, writing another one.
I’ve seen a few Fun Facts Friday posts in the blog world, so I thought I would join in on the fun.
1. Mark and I enjoyed a dinner out last night, just the two of us. I can’t remember the last time we had a “date” night. We went to Redwater Grille. We had never been there before but had heard great things. And…we were not disappointed. The food was good and the restaurant was very nice. But the company was even better
2. The kids just got back from a sleepover at Nana and Papa’s. I must say, it was so strange to wake up this morning to no pitter patter, followed by talking, followed by screaming, followed by fighting. It was just me and my morning oatmeal.
3. After consuming my bowl of oatmeal, I made some Sweet Potato Bran Muffins. Yum. If you haven’t made them, you must. They are my usual morning snack. Along with a nice hot latte!
4. Did you know beets turn your pee purple? I nearly had a panic attack this morning when I looked in the toilet to see purple tinted pee! And then I remembered I ordered beets last night with dinner. TMI?
5. It’s so nice to have an empty recycling bin again. The thing was so full from Christmas, that I could hardly shove put anything in it anymore.
6. As of today, I’ve started counting calories again. Let’s just say, I’ve fallen off the wagon the past few months (not that I’ve been eating unhealthy, I just haven’t been using proper portion control!) Last night I was saying to Mark that I’ve gained 3 pounds but I don’t understand why since I eat healthy all the time. However, when I input my food for the day this morning, I was blown away. I was eating way more calories than I should be. Whoops. I know that counting calories is a big pain in the ass, but for me, it’s necessary to keep me on track. Just in case you’re interested, I use MyFitnessPal.
7. We don’t have any big plans for New Year’s Eve. My parents are coming for dinner and that’s about it. However, I’m okay with that. I prefer a nice quiet New Year’s where I can go to bed at my usual time of 9:30. I know, I’m such a party animal.
Question: What are your New Year’s Eve Plans?