Fun Facts Friday

by Jen on January 6, 2012

1. It’s Friday!  Where did the week go?  I can’t believe it’s back to school next week.  I’m not that excited about it…especially the whole “setting the alarm clock” thing.

2. One thing I am excited about is starting my new workout program:

bodypump thumb Fun Facts Friday

Sorry for the terrible picture.  In case you can’t read that, it says Les Mills PUMP!  It’s BodyPump…at home.  I’ve heard great things about BodyPump so I can’t wait to start on Monday.

3. We celebrated Caleb’s birthday on Wednesday evening with family.

017 thumb Fun Facts Friday019 thumb Fun Facts Friday016 thumb Fun Facts Friday

Did you guess he’s 6 wlEmoticon winkingsmile1 Fun Facts Friday  It’s still hard to believe my first born is 6 already.

4. [blackbirdpie url="http://twitter.com/#!/jengacek/status/154344710473912320"]

You may have wondered why I am looking for kid’s sandals in the middle of winter?!  Well…we are headed to Mexico soon!  I know, pretty last minute, right?  But the trip is through Mark’s work and it depended on them hitting their yearly sales target.  They did.  I’ve never been to Mexico…and I’ve never taken the kids on a 6 hour airplane ride either.  *GULP*

I’m not much of a traveller.  I am more of a homebody, so this trip is major for me.  I’m already having mini panic attacks.  However, I know the kids are going to love every minute of it, so I just have to suck it up.

5. I’m really enjoying my new espresso machine.  It makes the perfect latte every. single. time.  And mama needs her daily latte.

007 thumb Fun Facts Friday  012 thumb Fun Facts Friday

6. The weather has been so warm here that the snow has almost all melted!  It would be weird to have no snow in January.  However, I’m sure we’ll pay for it by getting snow in July.

7. Remember last week I was telling you that I’m counting calories again, to get back on track?!  For the past week, I’ve been cutting out 300 calories per day.  The result?  I gained a pound!  Seriously.  W.T.F????

Question: Have you been to Mexico with kids?  If so, what was your experience?

pixel Fun Facts FridayPrint This Print This

1 Lori@ Teacher Turned Mommy January 6, 2012 at 11:27 am

I’ve never traveled anywhere with the boys beyond a 3 hour drive so I’m no help for you, but I hope you have a blast. As for gaining the weight, 300 calories a day is a lot to cut out of a diet that healthy. your body has probably gone into starvation mode and is storing calories. you might want to slowly cut the calories instead of one big chunk… JMO and I’m not a dietitian, trainer or dr, so take it or leave it (o:

2 Jen January 6, 2012 at 11:30 am

I know what you mean Lori, and it’s true, my body is probably storing everything I’m putting in it! I have the hardest time figuring out what to eat for lunch. I don’t want to eat too much, but at the same time, I don’t want to be starving by 2:00 either. GAH.

3 Debbie January 8, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I can’t believe the kids go back on Monday. It seems like they had a crazy long holiday, but then I’ve been back at work since the 2nd!
Isn’t it amazing having a 6-year old around? It was like a switch flipped in E when he turned 6. They’re getting so grown up!
Any luck with sandals? Have you tried consignment? Although with this crazy warm weather, maybe they’ll hit the stores early! We have almost no snow left in our yard.

4 Jen January 8, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Yes, it feels like the kids have had such a long holiday! However, I’m not looking forward to setting the alarm on Monday morning. This weather is amazing. I never thought we would have hardly any snow in January :)

5 Joey Tipping January 9, 2012 at 9:35 am

Jen, can you order the sandals on-line and hope for a speedy delivery? Hope you find them before you leave. xoxox

6 Wanda January 9, 2012 at 2:14 pm

We took our kids last May to Mazatlan. At that time they were 3.5 & almost 6. We brought our DVD player for the plane, although there was enough on the TV to keep them entertained. We brought magazines, activity books and as many “airplane safe” snacks that we were allowed. They did fabulous. If you have any other questions about what we brought, did, etc. shoot me an email :o).

7 Jen January 9, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Thanks Wanda! I think snacks is the key…I was thinking suckers because they last a while ;) Although, maybe all that sugar is a bad thing!