Hey! Happy Friday! What a long week. Mark had to work a couple of long days this week (8 a.m. – 9 p.m.), which makes for a realllllllly long day. Which is why I’m glad this week is over and the weekend is almost here.
1. Besides Mark having to work a lot this week, it’s been a stressful week with the kids. They each have a cold, with Caleb getting the worst of it. He had a minor ear infection and a full fledged throat infection. Poor guy. He was coughing all day and night for a couple of days, but I’m happy to report that the antibiotics have finally kicked in and he’s feeling much better. There is nothing worse than having sick kids…am I right moms?!
2. Football season is over!
3. I’ve been enjoying chocolate protein oatmeal in the mornings. Normally I don’t add any protein powder to my oats, but since doing Les Mills Pump in the mornings, I need to add some extra protein to my diet. I make my usual oatmeal, and then add 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder. Yummy!
4. When we were in Mexico, the kids had a Shirley Temple every night at dinner. Since we’ve been back, I’ve been making them a Shirley Temple for dinner on the weekends. Their favorite part of the drink? The cherry!
5. When Mark isn’t home for dinner, I tend not to make a big meal. No point in 3/4 of the meal being thrown out (since Mark doesn’t like leftovers). I usually make a big salad for myself and then ask the kids what they want. Both times this week they chose blueberry pancakes! Thank goodness for Costco pancake mix
6. Did I mention that football season is over?!
7. I went out and bought a foam roller this week!
I’ve heard so much about them and how they are great for sore muscles. I tend to get tight lower back muscles, so I figured why not give the foam roller a try. And…it felt really good. My left lower back has been tight for a few weeks, but after 5 minutes on the roller, I could feel the knot loosening up! Sure, I would rather have some hot masseuse massage my back, but until that dream comes true, the roller will have to do.
8. Finally…some big news…
I bought a new domain name!
I’ve been wanting to change my Family, Food, Fitness, and Fun name for a while. It’s too long and confusing. Is the Family before Fitness? Is the Food before Fun? I couldn’t think of an appropriate name. However, as I was cleaning the basement last weekend, a name came to me *cue the angel choir*.
I’m not going to spill the beans about the new name yet because I’m still trying to find someone to help me make the change. (If you know of any web designers that offer this service, please let me know as I’m having trouble finding someone.) I look forward to telling you the new name soon!
Have a great weekend!
Question: What’s your favorite thing to make for dinner when your significant other isn’t home?