Hello, and welcome!
I absolutely love banana bread. As you know, I have a slice smothered with almond butter every single night. Even though my Moist and Healthy Banana Bread is amazing, sometimes I like to mix it up a little, add a different flavour here and there.
I’ve made zucchini loaf and I’ve made pumpkin loaf, but I’ve never put them together. I’m sure glad I did! This loaf has all of your favourite flavours: pumpkin, banana, and of course, I just had to add some chocolate.
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp skim milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg (or a flax egg)
- 3 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the banana, pumpkin, zucchini, yogurt, milk, honey, coconut oil, and egg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in oven for 45 - 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
This Zucchini-Pumpkin Bread is so delicious. The addition of the mashed fruit, grated zucchini, and yogurt make this bread wonderfully moist. And the best part, your kids won’t even know they are eating something nutritious!
I like to enjoy a slice of this bread with my evening cup of tea and a good reality show.