Even though it’s pumpkin season, we still can’t forget about zucchini! After your positive response to my Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Cake, I thought I would share another recipe with chocolate and zucchini…because really, you can never get enough chocolate!
These cookies were so easy to make, but they taste gourmet. Personally, for me to fall in love with a cookie, it’s got to be fudgy and soft. And these? These definitely meet that criteria.
I made these on a Saturday, and my family ate them all by Tuesday. Yes, I live with 4 cookie monsters! My husband always wants me to buy premade cookie dough from my son’s school fundraising. While those cookies are definitely yummy, there sure isn’t anything healthy about them. So, I promised him I would make him more homemade cookies this year.
So what makes these cookies healthier?
- I replaced the white processed sugar with natural honey
- I used a healthier alternative to butter; coconut oil
- they contain Greek yogurt for added moisture and protein
- they also contain zucchini, not that you can tell!
- I used dark chocolate chips rather than semi-sweet
So, the next time your in the mood for a soft, fudgy chocolate cookie, do me a favour and make these…you won’t regret it!