Is there any sandwich better than a Panini? I mean really, what is better than some chicken, veggies, and melted cheese sandwiched between grilled warm bread. The possibilities are endless when it comes to making a Panini. You can put whatever fixin’ you like on them, just add some low-fat cheese, and you’ve got yourself a healthy sandwich.
I received a Panini press for Christmas a few years ago, and my husband loves it when I pull it out and make him a grilled sandwich. But, you don’t NEED a Panini press to make them, you can use a stovetop grill pan with a heavy lid to get the same result.
Sometimes, you need a quick, easy, and healthy meal to feed the family with. And this Healthy Chicken Panini fits that bill.
What makes it healthier than a Panini you would get at a restaurant?
- I’ve used a whole grain baguette
- I’ve topped it with roasted red peppers that are packed in water, not oil
- I substituted a low-fat cheese for regular cheese
- I use lean chicken breast
- I’ve added some healthy basil pesto for an extra kick
So the next time you’re looking for a quick, healthy, and family friendly meal, make this Healthy Chicken Panini. You won’t be disappointed.