My Body Beast Results

by Jen on April 26, 2013

If you’ve been following my Facebook page, then you have probably seen me post a few pictures of my Body Beast results.  To be honest, I was skeptical about Body Beast because it was intended for men to pump iron and get big muscles.  I knew I wouldn’t get HUGE muscles from the program because, well, I’m a woman, and I don’t want huge muscles.  I was just afraid that I wouldn’t like the format, that it would be too intimidating.

I fell in love with weight training about 4 years ago when I purchased my first at-home workout program, ChaLEAN Extreme.  I used to be ALL about cardio.  I would run on the treadmill until I could barely breathe, only to be disappointed with the results.  Sure, I lost some weight, but I could only lose so much before I would hit a plateau.  The reason I never tried weight training was because I thought you had to sweat a lot to burn calories and lose weight.  Turns out, I was completely wrong.  COMPLETELY WRONG.  I decided to give weight training a go and see what happened.

Well…the results were amazing.  I lost all the post-baby weight and more.  I became lean and toned.

Here are my ChaLEAN Extreme results:

Before Body Beast

Beachbody loved my results so much that they put me in their ChaLEAN Extreme infomercial!

I was happy with my results and I loved the program.  After the next couple of years, I kept adding to my at-home workout DVD library.  I added in some more intense cardio with TurboFire, and then some more muscle work with Les Mills Pump.  I kept seeing amazing results with these Beachbody programs.

Then, at the end of last year, I kept hearing about this new Beachbody program called Body Beast.  Like I mentioned earlier, I was a bit skeptical, I wasn’t sure I could do it.  But I decided to try, and asked for Body Beast for Christmas in 2012.

I started Body Beast at the beginning of January.  And by day 1, I was hooked…well, more like really sore…in a good way 🙂  I started noticing changes after just 30 days.

Here are my 30-day Body Beast pictures:

Body Beast 30 Day Results

I noticed more tone, especially in my legs and abs.

I continued on with the program, and after month 3, I finished!  By the end, I had put on 5 pounds of muscle.  My clothes even fit better, and I felt stronger and fitter than I ever have.

What I love about this program is all the different types of sets.  Super sets, single sets, progression sets, giants sets, multi sets, combo sets, etc.  I didn’t even know these existed before this program.  Trust me, you won’t get bored of this program.

Here are some more pictures of my Body Beast results:

My Body Beast Results

Ladies, If you are looking to get leaned and toned without bulking up, then this program is for you.  Guys, if you are looking to build muscle, burn fat, and look amazing, then this program is also for you.

If you have any questions about my results, or want to know more about Body Beast, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or message me on my Facebook page.  I would be happy to answer 🙂

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Print This Print This

1 Alison April 26, 2013 at 11:03 am

You look amazing! You did before as well. You are an inspiration – I will be counting on you to get me back into shape after this babe!!!

2 Jen April 28, 2013 at 11:44 am

Thanks Alison, you are so sweet to say that 🙂 Can’t wait to see that babe! Hope you are feeling great 🙂

3 Amy May 5, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Hey Jen! My name is Amy and I wondered if I could ask you a question. I hope I’m not bothering you! Let’s see…I had my third baby at the end of January and am currently working on getting the baby weight off, as well as a few extra lbs if I can. I am only 5 lbs. from my goal. I’m in the push month right now with Chalean and it’s going great. I also do the two cardio DVDs offered in the kit each week. So three days of weight training and then two days of cardio. I was trying to run for a third day of cardio but it’s been raining a lot on Sundays (only day I can go). I was wondering if I could go ahead and start Turbo Fire (bought it at Christmas), and do both? The only reason I’m asking is because I’m starting to get bored with the two cardio workouts from Chalean. I really need to continue doing it in the basement because I work out at 5:30 in the morning and it’s still dark outside! :>) And it’s the easiest with having three kids 4 and under! If you could let me know what you think, that’d be awesome! Thank you!!!
Amy recently posted..3 Months OldMy Profile

4 Jen May 6, 2013 at 11:29 am

Hi Amy! No…of course you aren’t bothering me 🙂 Thanks for asking such a great question! Yes, you can definitely combine the 2 workouts. There should even be a “hybrid” schedule in your TurboFire booklet you got with the program, that’s the one I followed! We have a lot in common..I also have 3 young kids and workout at 5:30 in my basement 🙂 Best of luck!

5 Amy May 8, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Awesome! Thank you so much! Yes, we DO have a lot in common! :>)
Amy recently posted..3 Months OldMy Profile

6 Dede August 29, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I’ve been seaching information on body beast for women. I’ve only done Insanity and lost 8 pounds. I not interested in doing another round. Can I move to Body Beast and lean out. I’m 5’0 and 138. I want to add running that’s what I do 3 times a week for now no other workout. My meal intake is good and I also have Shakeology. I can email you a picture.

7 Jen August 29, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Hi Dede! Yes, let’s connect via email. If you click on the CONTACT tab at the top of my page, you can reach me via email!

8 Crystal March 9, 2015 at 9:42 pm

I am starting Body Beast tomorrow and am curious about pre-workout eating. I work nights and plan on doing my workouts when I wake up. I only have about two hours before work I was wondering what to eat and when so that I have the best results. Any advise is appreciated.

9 Jen March 12, 2015 at 9:30 am

Hi Crystal! That’s great you’re starting Body Beast, it’s a wonderful program for building muscle! I workout first thing in the morning, so I can’t eat much. I stick to eating a small handful of raw nuts and also my Energy & Endurance drink!

10 Jean June 27, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Which program do you prefer – Chalean Extreme or Body Beast?

11 Jen June 28, 2015 at 6:53 am

I don’t prefer one over the other, Jean, because they are very different. The one I would recommend depends on your goals and your experience level with weights. Are you an avid weight lifter already?

12 Nox Dineen-Porter July 25, 2015 at 5:39 pm

What range of dumbbells did you have to start, and what were you using by the end? (I’m trying to figure out what I may need now, and what I may need to buy over the next 3 months.)

Thanks.

13 Jen July 26, 2015 at 10:33 am

I won’t be able to help you choose exact weights to get because I had already been lifting weights prior to starting, so my level of strength may be completely different than yours. I also use the BowFlex SelectTech dumbbells because they go from 5-50lbs. I would say I use from 5-40 for that program 🙂

14 Anna Pycraft August 9, 2015 at 8:42 am

Would you recommend body beast or chalean? And did you follow nutrition to a “t” ? Did you use drinks with body beast

15 Jen August 10, 2015 at 8:37 am

That just depends on how you like to workout Anna. With ChaLEAN, you’re doing multiple body parts at once, so you lift 3 times a week. With Beast, you’re working 1-2 body parts a day, so you’re lifting 5 days a week. Which do you prefer?

16 Adrianna February 7, 2016 at 7:44 am

Love your post. I have done several rounds of 21 dat fix extreme and saw great results. I am definitely looking at these two programs. Are the workouts the same amount of time on average? Do you feel like you are getting quicker results with body beast? Is there any cardio in these workouts?

17 Jen February 8, 2016 at 9:56 am

I would say the 21 Day Fix programs are meant for quick results. Body Beast is not a program meant for quick results. It’s a lot of weight training and very little cardio (1 day/week.) You will see results, but the program is not designed for quick weight loss. The workouts range from 30 – 50 minutes in length.

18 Mary March 30, 2016 at 8:13 am

Did you use the supplements with Body Beast?

19 Jen March 30, 2016 at 11:19 am

I personally only use the Beachbody Performance Recharge at night, and Shakeology during the day.

20 Mary March 30, 2016 at 11:43 am

How do you like Recharge?

21 Jen April 2, 2016 at 12:22 pm

I love it!! Helps with my muscle recovery 🙂

22 sue May 4, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Hi Jen, any reason I should not do both body beast and Piyo at the same time?
Thanks, Sue

23 Jen May 4, 2017 at 1:34 pm

When you say “at the same time,” I’m not sure what the schedule would look like then? Are you planning on alternating days? Doing PiYo once a week?