Fixate, Autumn Calabrese’s new 21 Day Fix cookbook, is coming out this July! Be the first to get it!
I’m so excited to announce that Autumn Calabrese, the creator of the successful program, the 21 Day Fix, is coming out with a new cookbook this July! In Fixate, Autumn takes her simple color-coded containers for measuring perfect portions and applies it to 101 of her favourite family recipes! So you’re not just eating tasty, healthy foods, you’re eating the right amount too.
Each Fixate recipe lists color-coded container equivalents and nutrition facts, making it super easy to use with your 21 Day Fix, or any other workout program you’re doing. For example, one recipe might say it’s equivalent to a 1 red, 1 green, and 1 yellow container.
Plus Fixate also includes kid-friendly recipes, as well as Paleo, gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian recipes. Just check out these Pineapple Chicken Skewers from Fixate. Don’t they look delicious!? It counts as 1 red, 1/2 green, 1/2 purple.
Are Fixate recipes easy to make?
YES! Just like in the 21 Day Fix, Autumn has kept the recipes simple. She also gives tips for preparing meals quickly, using letfovers, and stocking your kitchen with the right tools.
What if I have dietary restrictions?
Fixate includes Paleo, vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free recipes as well!
Is Fixate ONLY for those who use the 21 Day Fix?
NO! Fixate definitely compliments the 21 Day Fix, the 21 Day Fix Extreme, and the Portion Fix, but you can use this cookbook with any workout program since the nutritional information for each recipe is also provided.
How many recipes are in Fixate?
There are 101 of Autumn’s favourite family recipes. There will be breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and dessert recipes!
What does Fixate cost?
Fixate will be $19.95 (US) and $24.95 (CAN)
I’ve tried many of Autumn’s recipes and I have loved them all!! I’m guessing the recipes will be very much like the ones Autumn shares on her blog! Here are a couple of my favorites:
Sweet Potato Protein Cookies
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes (Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until soft)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup Beachbody Performance Line Vanilla Dream recovery formula * Sub ISO Pure Vanilla Protein Powder until BB Performance Line hits the shelves (Summer 2015)
- 3 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning.
- Mix all ingredients together in in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer or in a food processor.
- Scoop out a tap and mold into a small ball. Flatten slightly with a fork. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet that has a light spray of coconut or olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Makes approximately 24 cookies.
Cashew and Oat Hotcakes
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 dash Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1⅓ cups distilled water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup mixed berries
1. Place oats, cashews, and salt in food processor or blender; pulse until coarsely ground.
2. Add egg, oil, water, and extract; pulse until well blended. Batter will be thick, but if it is as thick as paste add 2 to 3 additional Tbsp. of water.
3. Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4. Spoon about ¼ cup batter into skillet for each pancake; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
5. Flip with spatula and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Repeat with remaining batter.
7. Serve pancakes topped evenly with berries.
1/2 purple, 1 yellow, 1 tsp
So what do you think, will you try the 21 Day Fix cookbook, Fixate?