Intermittent Fasting: My Experience

by Jen on August 13, 2015

Can intermittent fasting help you lose weight, boost energy, and feel better? Here is my experience with intermittent fasting so far.

Can Intermittent Fasting Help You Lose Weight, Boost Energy, and Feel Better? Here's my experience with intermittent fasting so far.

ย

In Part 1, I share what Intermittent Fasting is, how it’s changed the way I think about eating and my nutrition, why I chose to try it, and how it’s working for me.

Sorry, I was having technical difficulties, so I had to post this in two parts:

In Part 2, I share the positives that have happened to me because of following intermittent fasting!

If you would like to try intermittent fasting, ask me questions, and just learn more, I have a Facebook group that you can join! Click HERE to join the group!

Also, for more information about intermittent fasting, I highly recommend going to Dr. Sara Solomon’s website. She has some free tutorials and great information if you would like to learn more.

I hope this video helps you! I’ll be posting more about my journey with intermittent fasting, so please stay tuned. And CLICK HERE to come and join my free Facebook group to learn more!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Print This Print This

1 Ren August 17, 2015 at 9:58 am

A friend of mine started doing intermittent fasting a few weeks ago. He claims it has worked very well for him. In those few weeks he has lost numerous pounds as well as gaining muscle (his main goal).
Ren recently posted..Metabolic Cooking Recipes โ€“ A Workout For Your MetabolismMy Profile

2 Jen August 19, 2015 at 2:37 pm

That’s great Ren!! I was skeptical at first since it goes against EVERYTHING I’ve learned about healthy eating…but it has been a real eye opener and I feel so much better! Thanks for your comment ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Sonja August 17, 2015 at 10:32 am

I haven’t tried this before but have been curious about it. I heard it can’t really be done long term. But I think it would be interesting to try for a month.

4 Jen August 19, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Thanks for your comment Sonja! I personally know someone who has followed IF for 15 years, so it’s definitely a lifestyle! I plan on doing this as a lifestyle too as I enjoy eating again and I feel so much better ๐Ÿ™‚ Let me know if you give it a try! Come join our Facebook group too for some extra support and to answer any of your questions! We would love to have you.

5 Larissa Merritt April 11, 2016 at 10:55 am

I decided to try this and am currently on my second day. Was there an adjustment period for you? I am finding that I am SUPER hungry and have a light headache until a few hours after the fasting period is over. Before I started IF, I was eating every 3 hours with a decent size breakfast. I am willing to stick it out if I know that there is an adjustment period.

6 Jen April 12, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Yes, for sure Larissa!! There is definitely an adjustment period. What are you drinking while you’re fasting?

7 Larissa April 12, 2016 at 1:51 pm

I am drinking water, water and more water. I don’t drink coffee or tea, because I don’t like either. I’m strictly a water girl, with the occasional juice thrown in. I’m now I’m day 3 and I noticed today that the minor headache was barely there and I felt less fuzzy brained. I’m hoping it keeps getting better.

8 Angela Wills April 2, 2017 at 10:09 am

Hi Jen are you still doing intermittent fasting?Wondering where you buy your BCAA? I’m going to start trying this!
Angela Wills recently posted..Have I Ever Told You โ€œmy storyโ€?My Profile

9 Jen April 3, 2017 at 9:50 am

Yes, I still do IF! I’m not using BCAA’s at the moment. However, if you would like to, I would make sure to get ones that aren’t loaded with fake sugars. I found one at ProteinCo which is Canadian company.