Create your own hybrid workout plan at home for amazing results!
As you know by now, I’ve been working out at home for over 7 years now! I absolutely love working out at home, and I have found that I can get in just as good of shape working out at home than I can in a gym.
Over the years, I’ve collected MANY Beachbody workouts!! Whenever I first do a program, I always do the program following the calendar the program comes with. My very first program was ChaLEAN Extreme. And for the first two rounds of ChaLEAN Extreme, I followed the calendar exactly as it was laid out. I lost 50 pounds doing that! I decided my next program was TurboFire. Again, I followed the calendar as it was laid out and lost another 10 pounds.
At the end of my first round of TurboFire, I saw there was a schedule in the book for a “hybrid” program that combined ChaLEAN Extreme with TurboFire. I thought this was the perfect fit because I could combine my new found love of weight training with the fat burning intensity of TurboFire! My results were amazing!! That is how I lost my last 30 pounds.
I have found that a hybrid program keeps my muscles guessing, it increases my metabolism, and I can combine the programs/workouts I love so I NEVER get bored.
I’ve created a few hybrid programs in the past and shared them with you:
- ChaLEAN Extreme/TurboFire
- ChaLEAN Extreme/Insanity/Brazil Butt Lift
- ChaLEAN Extreme/21 Day Fix Extreme/Insanity Max 30
- Body Beast/Insanity Max 30
But let’s say you’ve accumulated a few Beachbody workouts and you want to make your own hybrid program. Or even if you don’t have the Beachbody workouts, you can still make your own hybrid program to do at home.
FIRST, there are a few things to consider:
- Make sure to keep your goals in mind. If you want to get more toned, then don’t just be doing cardio every day. You’ll want to include 3 days of weight training to your program. So make sure to include the programs that fit your goals. If you’re not sure, please ask your Beachbody coach.
- I like to make sure my hybrid has a good mix of cardio, strength, and flexibility. Each of these is necessary for total-body conditioning and achieving the best results. Every Beachbody program has all 3 of these fitness fundamentals included, so keep that in mind when creating your hybrid.
- Make sure to alternate muscle groups. Your muscles need adequate recovery time. For example, don’t do a hard leg day followed by another leg day. Do a hard leg day followed by a cardio or flexibility day.
- Leave a day for rest! Your body needs a day to recover. I like to take an “active” rest day which includes a walk or bike ride.
When I’m making a hybrid, I choose some of my favorite programs, but I also make sure it’s a good mix of some cardio with weight training.
My favorite cardio programs include:
My favorite weight training programs include:
A great tool that’s available to use is the Hybrid Workout Scheduler!
You can input the programs you want to use (Beachbody, Jillian Michaels, MMA), how many days you want to workout, your goals, your time limit, and it will deliver your very own hybrid program to follow! If it spits out something I don’t like on a certain day, I’ll just scratch it out and add my own. Pretty neat, huh?
Have you created a hybrid program? Which programs did you use?Print This