Skillet Zucchini Lasagna
A super simple recipe that is low carb and tastes great! Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
Low Carb, Keto, 21 Day Fix, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Sugar Free, Nut Free
My family loves lasagna! It’s one of my husband’s favourite meals.
Since switching to our low carb lifestyle though, traditional lasagna with pasta noodles is out of the question.
However, we love to use zucchini in place of pasta. I have made this zucchini lasagna and everyone LOVED it! While we love that zucchini lasagna, I don’t always have the time to make it. Lasagna is not something that can be made for a quick weeknight dinner.
That’s where this Skillet Zucchini Lasagna comes in!
Who doesn’t love a one pan meal?! You get all the flavours of lasagna without all the work!
Our whole family enjoyed this meal. It was delicious and I even had some leftover for my lunch the next day.
So whether you’re trying to save time in the kitchen or trying to eat healthier and add more vegetables into your eating plan, this Skillet Zucchini Lasagna is sure to please!
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 lb ground chicken (can use ground beef if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz. can no salt added tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Spiralize the zucchini to make zucchini noodles. If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler to make zucchini ribbons. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the ground chicken and cook until browned, breaking up large pieces as it cooks.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms, and saute another 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, salt, pepper, and basil. Bring to a boil and then simmer. Stir until sauce begins to thicken (about 5 minutes.)
- Add zucchini noodles and stir. You may need to use tongs to swirl around the zucchini. Cook for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add mozzarella and cottage cheese and stir until everything is combined.
- Top with dollops of ricotta cheese and some parsley.
21 Day Fix: 1 green, 1 red, 1 blue, 1/2 purple, 1 tsp